Metric straight flute taps are general purpose taps designed for cutting threads in pre-drilled holes. They can be used in cutting threads in through or blind holes. A thread is started using a taper tap with a subtle diameter transition for minimal torque requirement. An intermediate tap is then used to complete the thread and then a bottoming tap is used for finishing threads, especially in blind holes. Straight flute taps are available in various metric standard sizes and thread forms.
The longest tool life by high grade tungsten steel.
Stable cutting screw threads improve rigidity and chip ejecti on by optimize the edge and flute shapes.
High performance without choosing work material, machine, cutting condition with high flexibility.
Stable chips and cutting scene from Structural Steels to Stainless Steels, Aluminium Alloys.
1. Sharp cutting, wear-resistant and durable
2. No sticking to the knife, not easy to break the knife, good chip removal, no need for polishing, sharp and wear-resistant
3. The use of a new type of cutting edge with excellent performance, smooth surface, not easy to chip, increase the rigidity of the tool, strengthen the rigidity and double chip removal
4. Chamfer design, easy to clamp.
|Product Name||Straight Flute Spiral Tap|
|Thread Type||Coarse thread|
|Function||Internal chip removal|
|Working Material||Stainless steel, steel, cast iron|
Common problems of thread processing
The tap is broken:
1. The diameter of the bottom hole is too small, and the chip removal is not good, causing cutting blockage;
2. The cutting speed is too high and too fast when tapping;
3. The tap used for tapping has a different axis from the diameter of the threaded bottom hole;
4. Improper selection of tap sharpening parameters and unstable hardness of the workpiece;
5. The tap has been used for a long time and is excessively worn.
Taps collapsed: 1. The rake angle of the tap is selected too large;
2. The cutting thickness of each tooth of the tap is too large;
3. The quenching hardness of the tap is too high;
4. The tap has been used for a long time and is severely worn.
Excessive tap pitch diameter: improper selection of the pitch diameter accuracy grade of the tap; unreasonable cutting selection; excessively high tap cutting speed; poor coaxiality of the thread bottom hole of the tap and the workpiece; inappropriate selection of tap sharpening parameters; tap cutting The cone length is too short. The pitch diameter of the tap is too small: the accuracy of the pitch diameter of the tap is incorrectly selected; the parameter selection of the tap edge is unreasonable, and the tap is worn; the selection of cutting fluid is inappropriate.